About Corey Roos
ABOUT COREY ROOS
Hello, my name is Corey Roos. I am a certified Yoga Teacher and I am currently training to become a clinical psychologist and researcher. I created White Cloud Wellness to make meditation and yoga more simple, accessible, and user-friendly so that busy people like you in the modern world can benefit from them.
I get it. Yoga and meditation can seem WEIRD! You might be thinking...Are yoga and meditation for me? Yoga and meditation used to seem weird to me too. I was an athlete--I played basketball. At first I was hesitant about doing yoga. So I get it if you have thoughts such as...
- Yoga is is only for women...NOT TRUE!
- Yoga is only for rich people...NOT TRUE!
- Yoga is only for flexible and athletic people...NOT TRUE!
- Yoga is only for young people...NOT TRUE!
- Yoga can only be practiced in a yoga studio...NOT TRUE!
- Yoga has to be practiced on a yoga mat...NOT TRUE!
- Yoga requires special clothes and special supplies...NOT TRUE!
- Meditation has to be practiced cross-legged on the floor...NOT TRUE!
- Meditation and yoga are religious...NOT TRUE!
- Meditation and yoga require a TON of extra time....NOT TRUE!
- Meditation and yoga are only for hippies....NOT TRUE!
In case you couldn't tell, all the above statements ARE NOT TRUE!!!
Anyone can practice yoga and meditation!
So why did I start practicing yoga and meditation? Well, I started practicing a mindfulness-based form of meditation and yoga when I was 16 to help me cope with chronic pain and anxiety. In high school, I was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis and experienced debilitating pain for a number of years. This was especially hard for me because I was a basketball player and was hoping to play in college. Developing a regular practice of mindfulness meditation and yoga helped me develop greater awareness and acceptance of my pain and emotions. It helped me respond to stress and frustration in more effective ways. Overall, the practices of mindfulness meditation and mindful yoga have really helped me over the years and still do!
As an aspiring psychologist and researcher, I am also well aware that mindfulness-based programs, which involve mindfulness meditation and mindful yoga, have a LOT of research to support their effectiveness in reducing stress and improving mental and emotional well-being. If you don't believe me, check out the following website: www.mindfulexperience.org
For a long time, I have been interested in finding ways to make meditation and yoga more simple and accessible for people like you!
Then it came to me....WHITE CLOUD WELLNESS!
WhiteCloudWellness.com is a comprehensive wellness website with a variety of resources for reducing your stress and enhancing your quality of life.
- Learn about stress-busting techniques such as meditation and yoga.
- This website makes meditation and yoga accessible for real, busy people!
- Practice with free downloads and videos.
- Purchase Yoga DVDs and CDs to practice at home.
- Learn how to incorporate mindfulness in your everyday life.
- Get in touch with your values and start living the life you want to live!
I would greatly appreciate it if you would sign up for my monthly White Cloud Wellness newsletter! Receive extra wellness tips and tricks, hear the latest news, and learn about new discounts on DVDs and CDs.
I hope you enjoy my website! Please feel free to offer any feedback or comments. You can contact me at WhiteCloudWellness@gmail.com.
By the way, if you want to learn a little more about me, here are the Basics:
Undergraduate College: Stonehill College
Graduate School: University of New Mexico
Where I Grew Up: Branford, CT
Where I did my Yoga Teacher Training: Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health
Favorite Yoga Pose: Warrior 1
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad
Favorite Food: Corn Bread
Favorite Cereal: Life Cereal!
Favorite Music Artist: Beatles
Favorite Musical: Les Miserables
Fun Fact: I was in an A cappella group in college called "Surround Sound"
Fun Fact #2: I am not afraid to stretch or do yoga poses in public :)
Fun Fact #3: I am not afraid to sing in public :)
Fun Fact #4: I like ping-pong!